Racking Type: Cantilever Racking.
Storage of: Timber.
Client: Silva Timber, one of the UK’s leading importers of speciality timber products.
How it all started: Silva Timber were moving to new premises and asked Wickens for an advice on maximizing the storage capacity of their new warehouses. Wickens proposed an efficient racking layout and recommended a fork lift truck solution for the application.
Fact & Figures:
- Over 40 tonnes of steel were required to manufacture all racking.
- A mixture of single sided and double sided cantilever racks were supplied tomaximise use of available space.
- A total of 102 uprights, 6 metres tall, were manufactured and installed, forming runs of up to 21 metres long.
- Overall storage capacity of all racks is 408 tonnes spread across 5 storage levels.
- Wickens organised phased deliveries and installation to minimise disruption in their warehouse operations.