Wickens Cantilever Racks offer an ideal, cost effective and safe storage solution for various types of long product. They offer an open fronted system providing the ability to store infinite and varying length items that are particularly suited to storing Timber, Bar, Tubes, Pipes, Metal or UPVC Extrusions, Panels, Raw Materials and many more.
Manufactured in the UK our Cantilever Rack System uprights and bases are constructed from hot rolled structural steel sections which make them very robust and able to withstand the rigours of the most arduous industrial environments.
Our ‘in house’ team of designers and engineers are able to provide a bespoke solution to solve your individual storage needs to ensure the best use of the area available. They carry out structural calculations to ensure you are offered the most cost effective solution capable of carrying your specified loads.
When combined with a Wickens Guide Rail System our Cantilever Racks offer the perfect narrow aisle solution to ensure the best possible use of the available space within any facility.
Our engineering teams will liaise with your chosen fork lift truck supplier to ensure our system works in complete harmony with the trucks being specified.
We are also able to offer Cantilever Racking fitted with roofs and rainwater goods, which will ensure your products are protected from the environment when being stored outside. Typical applications to which this is particularly suited are timber merchants and builders yards where they are widely utilised across the UK.
In addition to roofs we are also able to offer a complete Rack Clad Building package which utilises the racking provided to form the main structural frame of the building and provides a very cost effective way of constructing a stand-alone storage building complete with roller shutter doors.
- Arms loads of up to 2 tonnes can be carried.
– Rack heights up to 10 metres are available to carry up to 30 tonnes
– Various arm section material profiles up to 2000mm long
– Arms are adjustable on a standard pitch of 150mm (this can be varied if required)
– Available painted in any colour, or alternatively a Galvanised finish is recommended for external applications.
- Single or double sided solutions
– Roofs for external storage
– Rack Clad Structures
– Removable end stops / retaining pins
– Arm end ties – Left to right supports
– Tyre Guards
– Steel or Timber decks
– Head Guards
– Plastic arm protection applied to arms to prevent product corrosion / damage.
- All products comply with current British and CE marking standards
– Minimum Safety Factor of 2.8 based on Ultimate tensile strength
– Arm deflection limited to 1/180th of length
– Upright deflection limited to 1/120th of height or 50mm whichever is less
– Maximum allowable weld stress of 115N/mm2
Within the vast range of projects we have completed over the past 40 years we have stored items such as:
– Aluminium and UPVC Extrusions
– Heavy Pipe / Tube – from various materials
– Timber packs
– Scrap Vehicles
– Steel Sections (both plate and sheet)
– Kitchen Worktops
Our installations are carried out by experienced SIERS accredited teams who will carry out the installation phase on time and with minimal disruption to your day to day activities.
The full project management service we can provide includes:
– structural calculations
– full site survey
– CAD layout drawings for approval
– risk assessments
– method statements
– load labels